A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The following cookies are used:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of his website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of his website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow him to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around his website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way his website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Euan Tait’s website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. He will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. He may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies used and the purposes for which he uses them below:
To enable him to monitor the usage of Euan Tait’s website and the success of his marketing, he may use Google Analytics, Jetpack Stats or Statcounter which uses a variety of cookies. These are used to track visitors and collect information about how visitors use our site. Euan may use the information to compile reports and to help improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
If you would like to see a full up-to-date list of all cookies used by our website, you can use the following cookie-checking website (other cookie-checking websites are available).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who I am
“Euan Tait” means “euantait.com” – the website you are currently viewing.
If you wish to contact Euan, please visit the contact page. Click here
By contacting Euan Tait, using his services or visiting his website, which is owned and controlled by Euan Tait (“euan tait.com”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform Euan Tait otherwise.
Information collected from you
Euan Tait may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to Euan Tait.
You may give Euan information about you by filling in forms on his site or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use his site, subscribe to his services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on his site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with Euan Tait’s site. The information you give may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, financial information; personal description; dietary requirements; medical conditions; allergies; dependants personal information, next of kin details, employment status/history.
Information collected about you.
With regard to visits to euantait.com he may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information received from other sources.
Euan Tait may receive information about you from third parties such as online travel agents or booking engines. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by Euan and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
He also works with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
He uses information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to Euan Tait.
He will use this information to:
- notify you about changes to his service;
- ensure that content from his site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Where you have indicated to him that you are happy for Euan Tait to do so, he may also use this information to:
- provide you with information about other services he offers that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from him; and
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services he feels may interest you. If you are an existing customer, he will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where he permits selected third parties to use your data, he will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Euan to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please leave the relevant box blank situated on the form on which he collects your data.
Information Euan Tait collects about you.
Examples of how he will use this information includes (but is not limited) to;
- administer his services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve Euan Tait’s site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- keep his services, site and premises safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of his services.
Information he receives from other sources.
Euan may combine this information with information you give to him and information he collects about you. He may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information he receives).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that Euan Tait can share your personal information with:
- his suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract he enters into with them to allow him to provide services to you, and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the law; and
- anonymously, with analytics and search engine providers that assist him in the improvement and optimisation of Euan Tait’s site or business.
He will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case he may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
Where Euan Tait stores your personal data
All information you provide to him is stored on a secured server or on a secured server operated by third parties. Where he has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. He asks you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Euan Tait will do his best to protect your personal data, he cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to euantait.com; any transmission is at your own risk. Once he has received your information, he will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Euan not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. He will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if he intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting Euan Tait.
You have the right (subject to certain restrictions) to request any of the following; he asks that you send such requests to the contact details as listed above:
- Access – to access all the personal data Euan Tait hold about you;
- Erasure – that he erases all personal data he holds about you, if that data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to or if you revoke your consent;
- Portability – to copy or transfer the personal data he hold about you to another party.
Euan Tait’s site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of his partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that he does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Euan Tait will not store your data for any longer than is necessary. If you are a user of his services, then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use his services.
If you cease to use his services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes shortly after you stop using his services.